Third-Party Information Liability Disclaimer
Some of the information on this Web page has been provided by external sources. The Government of Canada is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of the information supplied by external sources. Users wishing to rely upon this information should consult directly with the source of the information. Content provided by external sources is not subject to official languages, privacy and accessibility requirements.
Last Updated: 2013-08-27
|Legal Name: PULSE Institute Inc.|
|Operating Name: PULSE Institute|
11-44 St Thomas St
ST. ALBERT, Alberta
11-44 St Thomas St
ST. ALBERT, Alberta
|Telephone: (403) 269-2692|
|Toll Free Phone: 1-888-882-8804|
|Fax: (403) 269-2602|
|Website URL: http://www.pulseinstitute.com|
|Telephone: (403) 269-2692|
|Fax: (403) 269-2602|
|Management Consulting specializing in Conflict Resolution Leadership and Management, Organizational Performance Effectiveness and Development, Training, and Coaching.|
|Country of Ownership:||Canada|
|Primary Industry (NAICS):||611430 - Professional and Management Development Training|
|Alternate Industries (NAICS):||
541611 - Administrative Management and General Management Consulting Services
541612 - Human Resources Consulting Services
541619 - Other Management Consulting Services
|Primary Business Activity:||Services|
|Total Sales ($CDN):||$200,000 to $499,999|
|Export Sales ($CDN):||$1 to $99,999|
|Number of Employees:||2|
Product / Service / Licensing
Workplace Conflict Resolution Training
Mediation skills and certification training for the workplace
Leadership Development and Training
Focusing on assessing, planning and implementing through training effective and appreciative structured conversation skills. PULSE conversations result in resolutions and decisions that engage employees to build and retain team relationship and a sustained workforce.
PULSE Train the Trainer Certification
The purpose of the PULSE Train-the-Trainer retreat is to prepare trainers in the PULSE Learning Conversation. Using the unique PULSE Frame, people will explore and deconstruct the learning process to discover the following.
1. The Evolution of PULSE.
2. The dimensions of the PULSE Frame.
3. The Assumptions of the PULSE Appreciative Approach.
4. Integration of the skills and psychological deliberateness of the exercises that makes PULSE training sustainable.
5. Individual Appreciative Intelligence score.
6. The comprehensive wisdom of the PULSE Enneagram.
7. Understanding the theory and principles of the PULSE Learning Conversation.
8. The confidence to teach any course of their choosing using the PULSE Frame.
9. The skills to connect with an adult audience in a manner which empowers learners.
PULSE Professional License
License to corporate and individual practitioners and consultants for the rights to use and instruct PULSE programs. Successful completion of the PULSE Train-the-Trainer Certificaiton is required to become a Licensee where they will be equipped with the ability to:
- Integrate the PULSE way of teaching and thinking - Prepare, Uncover, Learn, Search, and Explain - into their own or their organizations programs.
- Apply the PULSE frame to any training and/or other responsibilities they carry out in their organizational situation.
- Deliver and facilitate PULSE programs internally or externally to their own organization with the acquisition of a PULSE license.
AZ00-Other Research and Development
B300-Cost Benefit Analyses
R004-Certifications and Accreditations for products and institutions other than Educatonal Institutions
R120-Policy Review/Development Services
R121-Program Evaluation Studies
R123-Program Review/Development Services
R199-Other Administrative and Management Support Services
U000-Educational and Training Services
U010-Certifications and Accreditations for Educational Institutions
U099-Other Education and Training Services
Industry sector market interests:
- Information Technology and Telecommunications
- Service Industry
- United States
Unique applications:Conflict in the workplace has many hidden costs, including the results of poor decision making due to job stress, and restructuring due to high employee turnover. At PULSE, we like to believe that we will work ourselves out of a job through effective training and capacity building. PULSE training reduces workplace conflict and its associated costs by developing and training leaders, managers and employees to recognize and address conflict early through understanding of the definitions and effect of harassment and diversity, in addition to being effective third-party intervenors.
PULSE training and the use of the PULSE approache, reduces employee turnover through capacity building. Effective practices and policies build the capacity of employees to contribute to a productive workplace and result in greater job satisfaction and reduced employee turnover. Using the PULSE approach, we facilitate collaborative strategic planning sessions with senior leaders within organizations to develop effective policies in conjunction with feasible and doable sustainable plans.
Key / Major clients:Canada Border Services
Citizenship Immigration Canada
Department of National Defense
Energy Resources Conservation Board
Royal Canadian Mounted Police
David Thompson Health Region
Rockyview School District
Alberta Energy and Utilities Board
Alberta Municipal Affairs and House
Government of Alberta Learning Centre
City of Calgary
Mediation Training International
US Food and Drug Administration
US Customs & Border Protection
US Department of Navy Medical Corps
US Environmental Protection Agency
US Forestry Department
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
Success stories:Organizations are defined by conversation and relationship. PULSE conversations result in resolutions and decisions that engage employees to build and retain a sustained workforce.
Clear communication through conversation will make the difference to morale and to retention of staff. When people feel heard, understood and acknowledged, they develop a loyalty to the people and the organization, a sense of belonging and responsibility.
Testimonial:- I" would encourage anyone interested in mediation, to undertake the PULSE program as a valuable stepping stone to understanding and resolving disputes." Peter Snow, Snow & Associates Inc.
- "The instructors were outstanding. Content was good. Pace was challenging & kept my interest. The readings were releveant but I might have preferred getting them in advance of the class." Deborah K. Dee, Commissioner on the Office of Disabilities, City of St. Louis.
- "This is one certification Im proud to hang on my wall. I feel like I learned so much to earn this certification!! What a valuable tool. Not only for professional mediation but for personal and professional interaction as well! I dont want to stop learning this stuff!!" Gina Jensen, Customer Service Manager, Irvine Ranch Water District
- "The PULSE program is top flight mediation and stresses a system and model that are applicable in multiple situations." Mike McCarthy, Partner, R&M Resource Development
- "I have found the answer to conflict management." Maureen Okoro-Sokoh, Manpower Resourcing Manager, Oando Plc Nigeria
- "The course provided me with a structured process to provide an organized, coherent mediation. Follow the process and if the concerns are mediatable, youll have success." Patricia Neely, Corporal, RCMP
- "The class was intense, yet enjoyable. Information shared is helpful in business and everyday life." Nell Campbell-Drake, Federal Reserve Bank, Atlanta
-"[A star for} psychological precision... not only gave us the "dos" and "don'ts" but also the "whys" behind every one."
- "As a coach, my ability to grasp the essence of what a client is trying to say as well as the motivations behind their behavior have been dramatically improved through the courses I have taken at the Pulse Institute. This learning has also allowed me to better understand how my own beliefs and assumptions affect the coaching relationship." ~Lois McNaughton, Owner Intentus and Certified Emotional Fitness Institute Coach and Instructor, Calgary 2008
-"The program is...an eye-opener and [has] potential to change a person 's language, thought pattern, listening power and in fact total way of living. It works like a miracle." Jemima M.A.A. Lomotey, HR Officer, Bank of Ghana
- "Taking this course is one of the best ways I have used time. The programme was very rich in content and transcends cultural boundaries. Tools and skills are effective." Flora Aggrey-Fynn Amissah, HR Consultant, Gamey and Gamey
Note: This document is presented in the language provided by the author/source. Most of the information contained in Canadian Company Capabilities (CCC) has been provided by sources external to Industry Canada. The accuracy, currency and reliability of the information contained in CCC are the sole responsibility of the registered companies and related organizations. Industry Canada assumes no responsibility in this respect. The registered businesses shall ensure the continued monitoring of the information contained in CCC and ask that it be modified when necessary.
Date Modified: 2015-05-25