Engine, Turbine and Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing(NAICS 33361)
Under this topic you will find the North American Industry Classification
System definition of the
Engine, Turbine and Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing(NAICS 33361) industry. You can use this
definition to properly identify the segment of the industry you wish to study
further in other sections of Canadian Industry Statistics.
Definition of the Industry
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing turbines and turbine generator sets; internal combustion engines (except automotive gasoline and aircraft); and speed changers, industrial high-speed drives and gears. Establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing wind- and solar-powered turbine generators and windmills for generating electric power are included.
Establishments primarily engaged in:
- manufacturing ball and roller bearings (33299, All Other Fabricated Metal Product Manufacturing)
- manufacturing electric power transmission and distribution, and electric motors, except outboard (33531, Electrical Equipment Manufacturing)
- manufacturing automotive engines (except diesel) (33631, Motor Vehicle Gasoline Engine and Engine Parts Manufacturing)
- manufacturing motor vehicle power transmission equipment (33635, Motor Vehicle Transmission and Power Train Parts Manufacturing)
- manufacturing aircraft engines and power transmission equipment (33641, Aerospace Product and Parts Manufacturing)