Recyclable Metal Wholesaler-Distributors (NAICS 41811)
Under this topic you will find the North American Industry Classification
System definition of the
Recyclable Metal Wholesaler-Distributors (NAICS 41811) industry. You can use this
definition to properly identify the segment of the industry you wish to study
further in other sections of Canadian Industry Statistics.
Definition of the Industry
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in buying, breaking up, sorting and selling ferrous and non-ferrous scrap metal, including automobiles for scrap.
- Automotive wrecking for scrap, wholesale
- Dismantling machinery for scrap
- Dismantling ships
- Iron and steel scrap, wholesale
- Marine wrecking, ships for scrap
- Metal waste and scrap, wholesale
- Non-ferrous metals scrap, wholesale
- Wreckers, auto, wholesale
No exclusions are specified in the 2007 NAICS Canada manual.