|Website and Administrative Organization(s):
||Alberta Ingenuity Fund
||Program or service that is directly targeted to the funding or support of large, new and/or strategic advanced technology initiatives.
||The Alberta Ingenuity Fund supports science and engineering research of the highest calibre, to create a prosperous future for the province. It draws funding from a one-billion-dollar endowment established and managed by the Government of Alberta to build the capacity for innovation, especially in areas with long lasting social and economic impact.
- Pre-commercialization Technology Development
- Primary Research
- Human Resources (Business)
||Eligible activities for funding:
- Help Alberta universities, colleges and industry recruit new researchers;
- Provide start-up support (primarily operating funds) to new independent researchers at Alberta universities and colleges;
- Support students in their first year of graduate studies and new students coming to Alberta; and
- Support groups of outstanding researchers from universities, colleges and industry, with interdisciplinary scope and vision, who work in areas of strategic importance to Alberta
||Specific information regarding financial assistance is not available on the program website. Please contact the Alberta Ingenuity Fund for more information.
||Please see Alberta Ingenuity's Contact Us page.