Our new Testing Stream (formerly the Build in Canada Innovation Program) allows us to buy and test your pre-commercial goods and services in a real-life setting.
We leverage our government partnerships to test your innovation and provide you with valuable feedback before you launch your innovation into the marketplace.
We recently launched a call for prototypes to help combat COVID-19 (now closed).
Future calls for proposals may be open to all innovations or may be aligned to specific themes.
Sign-up to our newsfeed to receive a notification about new funding opportunities.
Eligible participants in the testing stream
Any private company, public company, not-for-profit organization, university, or individual can submit a proposal.
Specifically, you or your organization must:
- Be Canadian or partnered with a Canadian bidder
- Own the intellectual property (IP) rights, or have been granted a licence to the intellectual property, and are not infringing on any IP rights
Active funding opportunities
When we launch a new competition, you will find it listed on our homepage under the current funding opportunities section.
Competing in our Calls for Proposals, passing our evaluations, and qualifying in our pool of innovations does not guarantee funding.
Receiving funding for your test depends on a variety of factors, such as:
- The level of expressed interest from potential testing partners to test your innovation
- How much funding is available
- Alignment to the theme of a specific funding Call for Proposals (such as COVID-19)
- Project timelines
Innovators qualified for the pool
If you're already in receipt of communication from our program indicating your innovation has (1) passed the evaluation, and (2) is eligible to be tested through our program, please:
- Wait to be contacted by a program advisor
- Read tips for innovators to prepare yourself for the next steps
If you have questions about our Testing Stream, contact us.
- Date modified: