Innovative Solutions Canada
Challenge meets opportunity
Innovative Solutions Canada is a new program with over $100 million dedicated to supporting the scale up and growth of Canada’s innovators and entrepreneurs by having the federal government act as a first customer. Twenty participating federal departments and agencies will set aside a portion of funding to support the creation of innovative solutions by Canadian small businesses.
Innovative Solutions Canada is aimed squarely at innovators. By funding proposed solutions, the program is supporting the development of early-stage, pre-commercial innovations. The program is a core element of the Innovation and Skills Plan announced in Budget 2017 and the government's commitment to create better jobs and grow the middle class.
Working with bold innovators is our business.
Participating federal departments and agencies will issue public challenges designed around a desired outcome rather than a known product or process specification and will be based on each department's mission and mandate. The challenge will be novel where there is currently no solution(s) in the marketplace.
- Fuel the development and adoption of technological innovation in Canada.
- Grow Canadian companies through direct funding to support early stage, pre-commercial research and development, late stage prototypes, and to accelerate commercialization.
- Encourage procurement from companies led by under-represented groups, such as women, Indigenous, youth, disabled individuals, LGBTQ+ and others.
- Foster greater industry-research collaboration through the release of challenges for solutions that address key Government of Canada priorities.
- Provide federal departments and agencies with opportunities to develop new capabilities to meet their research and development needs and thereby advance government priorities.
Telephone (toll-free in Canada): 1-800-328-6189
Telephone (International): 613-954-5031
TTY (for hearing-impaired): 1-866-694-8389
Business hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)
- Date modified: