Funding to advance Canada's countermeasures in the fight against COVID-19
Further to the Government's announcement on April 23, 2020, the Strategic Innovation Fund will support projects to advance Canada's medical countermeasures in the fight against COVID-19. This includes support for COVID-19 related vaccine and therapy clinical trials led by the private sector, and Canadian bio-manufacturing opportunities.
Vaccines and Therapies
As we continue to assess funding requests received to date, we would like to hear from you if you are developing COVID-19 vaccines and therapies and are seeking funding to support clinical trials. If you are currently in the early-stages of development, and are seeking support for discovery and pre-clinical research, we recommend that you visit the Innovation Canada platform to identify the most suitable program for you.
If you are an entity incorporated in Canada currently advancing the development of a vaccine or therapy for COVID-19, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line "COVID-19 MCMs". In a short email, please provide the following information:
- Are you a for-profit or a not-for-profit entity?
- Name of organization
- Date of incorporation
- Business number
- Number of full-time employees (FTEs)
- Are you developing a novel innovative vaccine or treatment for COVID-19? Please describe in less than 50 words.
- By what date is your COVID-19 vaccine or treatment expected to enter clinical trials in Canada?
- Does your organization have COVID-19 specific preclinical data? Please describe the COVID-19 specific preclinical results. In the case of therapies, you must have COVID-19 specific preclinical data to apply for this SIF support.
- Does your organization and leadership team have experience in advancing previous vaccines or treatments projects? Please provide dates and vaccines/therapies developed.
- Does your organization have a strategy to advance clinical trials in Canada? Please describe in less than 100 words.
If you are an entity incorporated in Canada that has a project that expands domestic bio-manufacturing capacity related to COVID-19, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and the SOI package will automatically be sent to you via e-mail.
For any inquiries, we encourage you to contact the SIF Integration Team at the following address: email@example.com. Thank you for your interest.
April 23, 2020 Announcement
- Date modified: