Project: MiQro Innovation Research Centre
Status of Project: Substantially completed
This project involves building a world-leading centre of excellence for electronic research and assembly. The new centre includes the following types of facilities:
- Clean rooms for microchip design and development;
- Closed offices and meeting and administrative support areas in the design and development areas;
- Manufacturing area in a clean room;
- Administrative support stations in the manufacturing area (in a clean room);
- Specialized mechanical areas.
Primary Areas of Benefit
- Expands or enhances the utility of Research and Development space: This new MiQro Innovation Centre aims to become the world pioneer in packaging the next generation of microchips. The centre’s work is downstream from the production of 45 nanometer and 32 nanometer chips and consists in developing new technologies for cutting out microchips, linking them electronically to innovative packages, testing them and preparing them for shipment. The Centre will also work on designing packages for future generations of micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS).
- Develops incubation facilities for industry and research: The centre fosters collaboration with the industry. The centre includes IBM Canada, Bromont Plant, and DALSA Semiconducteurs Inc. among its many industrial partners.
- Date modified: