Extension Guidelines and Criteria
Conditions for Project Extensions (KIP)
Recipients will be required to meet certain conditions to take advantage of the extension of the funding deadline for KIP and other infrastructure programs supported through Canada's Economic Action Plan. In particular:
- Projects must have begun work and incurred eligible costs by March 31, 2011.
- For these projects, agreement signatories must submit, by April 30, 2011, a progress report outlining costs incurred up to March 31, 2011. Projects for which no progress report is received by this date will not be eligible for an extension.
- Agreement signatories will be required to submit the following documentation by January 31, 2011 for projects requiring an extension:
- A list of projects that require an extension beyond March 31, 2011;
- A forecast of project costs that will be incurred by March 31, 2011, and a forecast of how much will be incurred between April 1, 2011 and October 31, 2011;
- A detailed construction schedule for each project signed by a professional engineer;
- A letter from the responsible Minister for projects funded through a provincial/territorial agreement, or a resolution from the Board of Governors for institutions who received KIP funding directly through a funding agreement with Industry Canada, committing to finish the projects and accepting responsibility for any costs incurred beyond October 31, 2011.
- Project progress reports will be required at two-month intervals during the extension period.
- Project close-out reports and all final claims for extended projects must be received by January 31, 2012.
- For projects that are not completed by October 31, 2011, agreement signatories will be responsible for project completion as well as all costs incurred after this date.
- Date modified: