Formative Evaluation of the Eastern Ontario Economic Development Fund (EODF)
Audit and Evaluation Branch
Tabled and approved by DAEC on with the exception of Recommendation No. 1.
Recommendation No. 1 was not supported by DAEC members since evaluation findings were deemed to be insufficient to support this recommendation.
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- 1.0 Introduction
- 2.0 Methodology / Approach
- 3.0 Findings
- 3.1 Issues–Relevance
- 3.2 Issues–Design and Delivery
- 3.2.1 Is the FedNor service delivery model appropriate (CFDCs as only recipients)?
- 3.2.2 Is the EODF well promoted? Well known?
- 3.2.3 Is the EODF project selection process effective? Are the selection criteria appropriate?
- 3.2.4 Are EODF projects relevant? Do they meet the program criteria?
- 3.2.5 Are project clients satisfied with counselling, advice, training or workshops provided?
- 3.2.6 Is FedNor playing an appropriate role in support of the projects?
- 3.2.7 Conclusions–Design and Delivery
- 3.3 Issues–Success
- 3.3.1 To what degree has the EODF contributed to the development and retention of new and existing businesses? To what degree had the EODF improved competitiveness of rural Eastern Ontario firms?
- 3.3.2 To what degree has the EODF helped attract, retain and develop human capital, including special client groups? (e.g., women, Francophones, First Nations and other Aboriginals, youth)
- 3.3.3 To what degree has EODF contributed to the economic development of rural Eastern Ontario communities?
- 3.3.4 To what degree has EODF helped develop business and trade skills?
- 3.3.5 To what degree has EODF helped develop external markets for rural Eastern Ontario firms?
- 3.3.6 To what degree has EODF increased the use of technology? Has contributed to the development of innovation?
- 3.3.7 What is the incremental impact of EODF projects?
- 3.3.8 Conclusions–Success
- 3.4 Issues–Monitoring and Accountability
- 3.5 Issues–Alternatives and Cost-Effectiveness
- 3.6 Issues–Lessons Learned
- 4.0 Conclusions and Recommendations
- Management Response to Conclusions and Recommended Areas for Follow-up or
PDF version (18 KB, 5 pages)
List of Acronyms
CFDC–Community Futures Development Corporation
EODF–Eastern Ontario Development Fund
FedNor–Federal Economic Development Initiative for Northern Ontario
RBAF–Risk Based Audit Framework
RMAF–Results-based Management and Accountability Framework
Rate this page
The content of this page was useful to me.
- Date modified: