We are responsible for all policies, procedures and services relating to the administration of the Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act for Industry Canada.
What does this mean for you?
- We receive and respond to written requests submitted under the Access to Information Act and/or the Privacy Act.
- We ensure that your rights under these two Acts are respected.
- We ensure that Industry Canada is compliant with the provisions set out in both Acts.
- We work with you and assist you in understanding how to access records that are held by Industry Canada, and we explain how we administer these Acts.
- We explain how these Acts work and why some information may not be accessible.
- We provide advice concerning the type of information held under the control of the department.
- We provide advice concerning your right of complaint to the Information Commissioner and to the Privacy Commissioner.
- We monitor and report to Parliament on Industry Canada's performance in administering these Acts.
- Our annual reports are found at Information and Privacy Rights Administration (IPRA): Publications
Should you have any questions concerning our business practices related to the Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act, please contact us at:
Information and Privacy Rights Administration
C.D. Howe Building
5th Floor, West Tower
235 Queen Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0H5
- Date modified: