Form 55 — Certificate of Assignment
(Paragraph 66.3(5)(c) of the Act)
This form may not be completed online. It is provided here for reference purposes only.
In the Matter of the Bankruptcy of:
Date of Bankruptcy:
Date of Initial Bankruptcy Event:
Meeting of Creditors:
Certificate of Assignment – Paragraph 66.3(5)(c)
I, the undersigned, Official Receiver in and for this bankruptcy district, do hereby certify that:
- the aforenamed debtor was declared bankrupt and subsequently filed a consumer proposal under section 66 of the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act;
- the said consumer proposal, although accepted and approved or deemed accepted and deemed approved, has been annulled by order of the court and the debtor is thereupon deemed to have made an assignment.
The aforenamed trustee is required:
- to provide to me, without delay, security in the aforementioned amount;
- to send to all creditors, within five days after the date of the trustee’s appointment, a notice of the bankruptcy; and
- when applicable to call in the prescribed manner, a first meeting of creditors, to be held at the aforementioned time and place or at any other time and place that may be later requested by the Official Receiver.