Annual Banking Report 2012
May 4, 2012
Deadline: May 31, 2012
Pursuant to Directive No. 5R4, Estate Funds and Banking, trustees and administrators are required to submit their Annual Banking Report (ABR) and Request for Bank Confirmation to the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy (OSB) no later than May 31, 2012.
Since last year, there have been two filing methods available: electronic filing and paper filing. We encourage using the electronic filing system to submit your ABR.
Speed: Data transfer is immediate. No need to print report. Electronic filing will enable the OSB to process your ABR more quickly.
Simplicity: ABR electronic filing is even easier than the process for filing new estates.
Reliability: Fewer people involved reduces risk of error.
- Contact your software provider to obtain the necessary software update.
- On main page of electronic filing system, select “Upload Annual Banking Report (ABR).”
- Upload ABR data file.
- Note transaction number. For more information, read tip on Annual Banking Report.
- Mail original of Schedule 1 (Request for Bank Confirmation) to your Regional Coordinator.
Mail the following documents to your Regional Coordinator:
- Request for Bank Confirmation (Schedule 1) for each financial institution in which trustee or administrator has trust accounts (don’t forget to include trustee’s full address).
- Annual Banking Report (Schedule 2) for all trust accounts open as at April 30, 2012.
Note: Only version of Schedule 2 found in Directive No. 5R4 will be accepted. If necessary, check with your software provider to ensure you have latest version of Schedule 2.
- Indicate on first page of Schedule 2 name of each trustee responsible for bank accounts.
- Paginate ABR.
- Use large enough font to be legible (e.g., Times New Roman 11).
- Group estates with funds deposited in same consolidated account.
- Indicate name of contact person who can respond to questions from OSB and be responsible for any subsequent follow-up that might be necessary.
- Indicate total number of estates and total bank balances in consolidated bank accounts.
- Mail ABR to your Regional Coordinator—do not email it.
Don’t hesitate to contact your Regional Coordinator if you have any questions regarding the ABR.
Elisabeth Lang, LL.B
Director General, Program Policy and Regulatory Affairs
1505 Barrington Street, 16th Floor
Halifax NS B3J 3K5
Attention: Mike Chisholm
Québec City Office
702-1550 d'Estimauville Avenue
Québec QC G1J 0C4
Attention: Patrick Lebrun
5 Place Ville-Marie, Suite 800
Montréal QC H3B 2G2
Attention: Jean-Philippe Varin
55 Bay Street North, 9th Floor
Hamilton ON L8R 3P7
Attention: Edward Curtis
300 West Georgia Street, Suite 2000
Vancouver BC V6B 6E1
Attention: Colleen Bond