Governor in Council and ministerial appointments
A Governor in Council (GIC) appointment is one made by the Governor General, on the advice of the Queen's Privy Council of Canada (i.e., the Cabinet). The appointments are made through an Order in Council (OIC) and range from heads of agencies and chief executive officers of Crown corporations to members of quasi-judicial tribunals.
Candidates can create an account for GIC appointment applications. Once the account has been created, candidates will then be able to apply to opportunities when they are posted on the GIC Appointments website.
- President, Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council
- President, Canadian Space Agency
- UPDATED Member, Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council
- UPDATED Member, Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council
- NEW Director – Board Risk Committee Chairperson, Business Development Bank of Canada
- NEW Director, Business Development Bank of Canada
ISED Portfolio Ministerial appointment and nomination opportunities
A Ministerial appointment is made directly by the Minister. Interested candidates can apply to opportunities following the instructions in the Ministerial appointment or Ministerial nomination notice.
- There are currently no appointment opportunities
- Date modified: