Electronics technologist jobs
From grocery shopping to dating sites, driving to banking, baby monitors to mobile apps, and submarine radar to GPS trackers, the world is increasingly wireless. That means more of the services and devices we use every day need spectrum, and Canadians are counting on us to make it all possible!
As Canada's spectrum management officers, we work behind the scenes to make sure all those wireless apps, products and services are available anytime, anywhere, on any device.
In fact, if we're doing our jobs right, most folks won't know that we're doing our jobs at all!
So what exactly do we do? Well, we're on the ground working throughout the country to ensure our wireless infrastructure is safe, functional and interference-free.
What will you do?
As part of our team, you'll help us:
- analyze spectrum application requests;
- give out licenses;
- allocate frequencies; and
- find and fix interference issues.
Then there are the unique responsibilities that you won't find in typical government jobs:
- Search and rescue – These days, most wireless devices emit a signal, so if people go missing, we can help track them down by finding and locating the wireless signal.
- Special events – Sometimes we get to work on some pretty interesting events, like the Montreal Grand Prix, the G7 summit and even the Olympics. These big events all have one thing in common: they need dedicated spectrum, free from interference. We help make that happen.
- Monitoring and enforcement – Cell towers and radio transmitters now dot our landscape, and someone needs to inspect them. That's us. We make sure all the operators and suppliers are playing by the rules, and if they don't, we issue tickets to set things straight.
While some of the work is in the office, some is out in the field inspecting equipment, investigating interference issues and more. There's no typical day because this is no ordinary government job.
What else can you expect?
As part of our team, you'll receive:
- on-the-job mentoring, training and support;
- a comprehensive career development program that moves you from entry-level officer to seasoned professional in just three years; and
- job opportunities throughout the country for people interested in mobility and new challenges.
View current job openings
Do you have a question? Don't see any current vacancies but would like to apply anyway? Contact us at email@example.com!
- Date modified: