Name Granting Compendium
May 3, 2010PDF version - Name Granting Compendium (PDF 2800 KB, 50 Pages).
This compendium sets out the name granting policy of Corporations Canada, who is responsible under the Canada Business Corporations Act and the Canada Corporations Act for ensuring that names proposed for Canadian corporations meet the requirements of the Acts and their regulations.
- Introduction to Name Policies
- Absolutely Prohibited
- Qualifiedly Prohibited
- Obscene Names Prohibited
- Lacking Distinctiveness
- Deceptively Misdescriptive
- Not-for-Profit Organizations
- Bilingual Names
- Other Issues
- Annex A — Canada Business Corporations Regulations, 2001
- Annex B — Sample Consent Letters
- Annex C — Protecting Your Corporate Name
Information on Downloading a PDF Reader
To access the Portable Document Format (PDF) version you must have a PDF reader installed. If you do not already have such a reader, there are numerous PDF readers available for free download or for purchase on the Internet:
Rate this page
The content of this page was useful to me.
- Date modified: