Given the current situation with COVID-19, ISED has established measures to reduce the risk of virus propagation.
Many ISED employees will be teleworking and strategies are being established to maintain communications and operations.
Consequently, there may be delays experienced when requesting services from ISED such as equipment certification and inquiries.
We apologize for the inconveniences.
The Certification and Engineering Bureau of Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada provides a certification service for radio equipment and a registration service for terminal equipment in Canada.
Testing of either radio or terminal equipment, to establish compliance with Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada standards, is performed in private sector laboratories. These laboratories are required to be approved in accordance with the provisions of a departmental procedure.
Creation and maintenance of radio equipment standards are the responsibility of the Directorate of Regulatory Standards (DRS).
For all certification related questions, contact us at email@example.com
For all standard related questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wireless Certification
- Information related to the certification of wireless equipment.
- Terminal Registration
- Information related to the registration of terminal equipment.
- Radiofrequency Energy and Safety
- What you need to know about radiofrequency energy and safety.
- Conformity Assessment Bodies
- List of accredited Certification bodies, Wireless/Terminal testing laboratories and Canadian testing laboratories.
- Spectrum Management System
- The Spectrum Management System (SMS) is a service provided by ISED Canada to facilitate the certification of radio equipment and the registration of terminal equipment in Canada.
- List of standards that equipment are required to be tested against.
- List of procedures for equipment certification and registration.
- General Notices
- General notices released by ISED
- Compliance Information
- Canadian consumers should verify that equipment meet ISED Canada's technical regulations, prior to making any purchases.
- Knowledge Centre
- Information related to standards, their applicability and FAQ
- Equipment Market Surveillance
- ISED Canada Certification and Engineering Bureau performs regular audits or market surveillance of wireless and wireline equipment offered for sale to verify that the equipment complies with ISED's technical standards and that it is properly certified and/or registered.
- Non-Compliance Report Form
- If you wish to report any compliance issues, please complete a Non-Compliance Report form. Once you have reported a non-compliance case, you will receive an acknowledgement by email. ISED will conduct a study and may contact you for more information.
Agreements and Forms
- Mutual Recognition Agreement/Arrangement
- ISED Canada is signatory of Mutual Recognition Agreements/Arrangements (MRA) in telecommunications equipment with Korea, the European Community, the Asia–Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC), Switzerland and the Inter–American Commission of Telecommunications (CITEL) member states, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
- Standard Change Request Form
- This form will ensure proper tracking and understanding of the issues requiring a change to our standards or procedures such as to request access to new bands, to further harmonization with the US or international standards or simply to propose changes to clarify requirements.
- General Inquiries Form
- This form will ensure proper tracking of any questions related to equipment conformity related standards or procedures such as our Radio Standards Specifications, Compliance specifications or conformity assessment procedures.