Wireless Program Help
Certification will be granted by the Department only after it receives a satisfactory Test Report. Testing of equipment for certification purposes shall be carried out only by a testing laboratory having a Test Site on file with the Department. A list of recognized testing laboratories is compiled by the Department, and is available under Conformity Assesment Bodies.
The test report shall have:
- All documents and information required by the latest issue of RSS-GEN
- Signed and dated cover page
- Test site facility's IC registration number
- Unique identifier on the test report (such as a test report number)
- Description of the equipment which was tested
- Index of the tests which were performed
- Block Diagram of the testing configuration
- Description of the equipment operational options
- Description of the equipment modifications (if applicable)
- Signed and dated attestations (if applicable)
- Complete test results
Prepare your Technical Brief in PDF format
All documents that are scanned must have a readable resolution. The final format shall be provided using the latest version of Adobe.
Additional information required with the Brief
- All documents and information required by the latest Issue of RSP-100
- Application Cover Letter
- Application and Agreement for Certification Services
- Test Report Cover Sheet
- Canadian Representative Letter Agent/Authorization Agreement
- Certificate Issued by the Certification Body
- Operational description of the product
- External and Internal photos of the product
- User manual of the product
- Schematics and block diagrams
- Photo(s) of product Label (physical label and location)
- RSS-102 Annex A/B or C Family Certification Information (if family listing is requested)
- Modification Information (if a permissive change is requested)
- Modular Approval Attestation (if modular approval is requested)
The Fee Schedule TRC-49
All fees are automatically calculated with the appropriate taxes
Taxes are applicable to Canadian applicants only. The Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) or the Good and Service Tax (GST) will be charged on the assessment fees. Where applicable, provincial sales tax will be charged, in accordance with the agreements with the various provinces and territories. For questions on the HST/GST, contact Revenue Canada at 1-800-465-6160 or 613-990-8584.
Type of Service Definitions
Standard Certification (single/multiple models)
A separate filing is required for each model of equipment, except where the applicant demonstrates to the Department's satisfaction that two or more models are identical in respect to the requirements, as demonstrated by their schematic diagrams, parts list, operation and maintenance manuals, and such tests as may be necessary.
A radio equipment device may be multiple listed to other distributors based upon the approval granted to the original certificate holder.
In order to obtain a multiple listing certification, the following documentation must be presented to the Department.
A certificate holder may obtain family approval certification for a radio equipment device, based on that certificate holder's previously certified equipment, provided that the proposed new equipment is nearly identical in design and construction to the previously certified device.
Transfer of Certification
A radio equipment certification may be transferred to another person or corporation by a holder upon application being made to and approved by the Department. A transfer must be made only to an eligible individual or corporation as set out in RSP-100 The new holder shall assume the responsibility for the equipment bearing the old certification number. Normally, testing of the equipment involved would not be required at this time.
The certificate holder shall inform the Department of any change in design or modification to the equipment certified. Technical details of changes shall be submitted, additional testing of the modified model may be required.
- Date modified: