Proposal process for Computer for Schools affiliates
Thank you for your interest in the Computers for Schools Program. Please note that the application process is now closed as the deadline to submit a proposal was July 30, 2018.
The Computers for Schools (CFS) program plays an important role in increasing access to technology for Canadian youth, communities and low-income Canadians by providing the skills and tools they need to participate in the modern digital world.
Budget 2018 announced that the CFS program will receive continued funding to build on its 25 years of success. The program's original mandate has expanded and now serves schools, libraries, not-for-profit organizations and eligible individuals.
This will be achieved by assessing our current portfolio of CFS Affiliates to ensure that we focus on continuous improvement, effective distribution strategies and by refreshing our partnerships.
Organizations that are currently CFS Affiliates are eligible to apply. Eligible Recipients (i.e. CFS Affiliates) are entities legally incorporated or registered in Canada and include:
- Not-for-profit organizations including associations, such as those that support low-income Canadians, seniors, new Canadians, Indigenous communities;
- Provincial, territorial or municipal governments and their agencies.
Eligible Applicants (i.e. CFS Affiliates) must be able to demonstrate their expertise and capabilities to manage, develop and implement the proposed activities in Canada, but which require a contribution to achieve their objectives.
Your funding proposal must clearly demonstrate that:
- Your proposed initiative meets the objectives of the program in terms of target audience and content
- With program funding, your organization will have the resource capacity and expertise, either internally or through partnerships, to successfully deliver the proposed initiative, and
- You can deliver the proposed initiative within the program timeframe
How to apply
To request that an Application Package be sent to you by email, please click the Request an Application Package link below.
The deadline to submit an application is July 30th, 2018, 11:59 PST.
For general questions and comments, please contact the program.
Telephone (toll-free in Canada): 1-800-328-6189
Telephone (Ottawa): 613-954-5031
TTY (for hearing-impaired): 1-866-694-8389
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Business hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)
Computers for School
C.D. Howe Building
235 Queen Street, 1st floor, West Tower
Ottawa, ON K1A 0H5
- Date modified: