NAICS 325181 Alkali and Chlorine
These statistics are for the Alkali and chlorine industry, based on the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code 325181.
|1 Industry Canada estimates
Source: Statistics Canada
Note: The step change in establishments observed in 2004 was due to a change by Statistics Canada in the minimum threshold size necessary for inclusion of establishments in the annual data. This change had only a minor impact on other principal statistics.
This Canadian industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing alkalies and chlorine.
Exclusion(s): Establishments primarily engaged in:
- mining and preparing alkalies (212396, Potash Mining)
- manufacturing industrial bleaches (325189, All Other Basic Inorganic Chemical Manufacturing)
- manufacturing household bleaches (325610, Soap and Cleaning Compound Manufacturing)
- manufacturing chlorine preparations for swimming pools (325999, All Other Miscellaneous Chemical Product Manufacturing)
- Alkalis, manufacturing
- Caustic potash (potassium hydroxide)
- Caustic soda (sodium hydroxide)
- Disodium carbonate (soda ash)
- Potassium carbonate
- Potassium hydroxide (caustic potash)
- Sal soda (washing soda)
- Soda ash (disodium carbonate)
- Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda)
- Sodium carbonate (soda ash)
- Sodium hydroxide (caustic soda)
- Date modified: