NAICS 32592 Explosives
These statistics are for the Explosives industry, based on the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code 32592.
|1 Industry Canada estimates
Source: Statistics Canada
Note: The step change in establishments observed in 2004 was due to a change by Statistics Canada in the minimum threshold size necessary for inclusion of establishments in the annual data. This change had only a minor impact on other principal statistics.
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing explosive preparations, detonators for explosives, and explosive devices, except ammunition.
Exclusion(s): Establishments primarily engaged in:
- manufacturing pyrotechnics (32599, All Other Chemical Product Manufacturing)
- manufacturing ammunition and detonators for ammunition (33299, All Other Fabricated Metal Product Manufacturing)
- Azides explosive materials
- Blasting accessories (for example, blasting caps, fuses, ignitors, squibbs)
- Blasting powders
- Caps, blasting and detonating
- Detonators (except ammunition)
- Fuses, detonating and safety
- Nitroglycerin explosives
- TNT (trinitrotoluene)
- Date modified: