IP Hub: Learn it - Patents
A patent is an exclusive right granted for an invention. Whether you develop new technology or improve well-known products or processes, you'll want to know more about patents. Check out the links below to learn more about patents from around the world:
- Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) – Patents
- CIPO – Demystifying the U.S. and Canadian patent application processes
- European Patent Office – Inventors' handbook
- United Kingdom Intellectual Property Office – Patents step by step
- United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) – Patents
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) – Patents
- WIPO – Guidelines and Manuals of National/Regional Patent Offices
Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH)
The PPH allows you to significantly fast track the examination of your patent application, provided you have a corresponding application with one of our PPH partners.
Speed up your patent applications for clean technology inventions.
We have generated information for you on the patent grant process. Take a look:
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) – Patent information e-tutorial
The e-tutorial will introduce you to the key concepts in patent information and to effective strategies and approaches for retrieving and analyzing this information.
- WIPO – Patent Drafting Manual
The manual provides the necessary guidelines and an understanding of the skills needed for drafting a patent application, filing it and working with patent authorities to have it issued as a patent. The primary aim of this manual is to assist all inventors in protecting their IP through carefully crafted patent applications.
Find an expert
Find an expert
Here is a list of intellectual property (IP) experts who can provide you resources and information to guide you through the patent application process and advise you on your own IP strategy:
Canadian Intellectual Property Office
Next, you may want to visit:
Your IP journey
- Date modified: