- CIPO celebrates innovators during Global Entrepreneurship Week (Nov. 16-22)
[2015-11-16] In recognition of Global Entrepreneurship Week, the Canadian Intellectual Property Office proudly celebrates the millions of self-starters and innovators around the world.
- Boost your patents IQ by joining our live Twitter chat on November 19
[2015-11-10] In recognition of Global Entrepreneurship Week, join our patents Twitter chat hosted by Canada Business from noon to 1 p.m. (EST) on November 19.
- Change to granted patents
[2015-11-02] Change to the printing format of granted patents.
- Assemblies of the Member States of WIPO: 55th Series of Meetings
[2015-10-01] The General Assemblies bring together WIPO’s 188 member states to reflect upon performance, governance, and policy direction.
- Learn more about the Nice Classification and take a look at the Practice notice
[2015-09-28] The Nice classifications is now accepted starting September 28, 2015 and there a new Trademarks Practice Notice.
- Nice Classification is coming to CIPO September 28! Register now for our online tools improvements webinar
[2015-09-22] On September 28, 2015, CIPO will begin to accept trademarks applications and web tools has been updated.
- Notice on biological sequence listings
[2015-09-18] As of September 22, 2015, biological sequence listings for new applications entering the national phase will be automatically downloaded from the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) in the format(s) submitted during the international phase.
- Release of revised chapter 10 of the MOPOP
[2015-09-17] Chapter 10: Drawings of the Manual of Patent Office Practice (MOPOP) has been revised and includes content and formatting updates.
- Get a snapshot of how the trademarks landscape is changing
[2015-09-16] Announcement of the creation of a new web page on Trademarks legislative changes and international treaties.
- Canadian trademark and industrial design data added to TMview and Designview search tools
[2015-09-14] CIPO shares Canadian trademark and industrial design data internationally with the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market TMview and Designview
- Johanne Bélisle appointed Commissioner of Patents, Registrar of Trademarks and Chief Executive Officer of CIPO
[2015-09-08] Johanne Bélisle is CIPO’s Commissioner of Patents, Registrar of Trademarks and Chief Executive Officer.
- SIPO and CIPO extend their bilateral agreement for the Patent Prosecution Highway pilot project
[2015-08-28] The Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH) pilot project between the Canadian Intellectual Property Office and the State Intellectual Property Office of the People’s Republic of China has been extended to August 31, 2018.
- Coming soon! Renewal of CIPO's Online Applications
[2015-07-22] At the end of July and end of August, the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) will release revamped online applications as part of a series of planned improvements to modernize our online services.
- Germany and Estonia join the Global Patent Prosecution Highway
[2015-07-06] Article announcing that Germany and Estonia are joining the Global Patent Prosecution Highway pilot on July 6, 2015
- North American collaboration on the Patent Prosecution Highway
[2015-07-01] Projet pilote trilatérale sur l’Autoroute du traitement des demandes de brevet entre l’OPIC, USPTO et IMPI
- Trademark Agent Qualifying Examination
[2015-06-29] Notice to announce the 2015 Trademark Agent qualifying examination that will be held on November 24, 2015.
- Release of revised chapters 5, 6, 13, 20 and 24 of the MOPOP
[2015-06-29] CIPO announces the publication of revised chapters of the Manual of Patent Office Practice (MOPOP), which are chapters 5, 6, 13, 20 and 24.
- Coming soon: CIPO will begin accepting trademark applications using the Nice Classification
[2015-06-29] Article announcing that CIPO will start accepting trademark applications using the Nice Classification in the fall of 2015.
- Patent Branch Telephone Services
[2015-06-22] A message to announce a change in telephone services in the Patents Branch.
- Improvements to the Canadian Patents Database
[2015-06-15] News on the improvements to the Canadian Patents Database including an extended library of patent-specific content, how to file for prior art and the full compliance with WIPO CASE system.
- PCT-EASY Decommissioning
[2015-06-03] A notice about software changes for patent applications.
- New — Common Global Patent Prosecution Highway (GPPH) Request Form
[2015-06-02] Changes to the global Patent Prosecution Highway request form on June 2nd, 2015
- Celebrate World Intellectual Property Day 2015 — Get Up, Stand Up. For Music.
[2015-04-20] Celebrate World Intellectual Property Day 2015.
- CIPO Annual Report 2013-2014
[2015-04-07] The Canadian Intellectual Property Office is pleased to announce the release of the CIPO Annual Report 2013–2014 tabled in the House of Commons on April 1, 2015, by the Minister of Industry.
- Patent notice: Examination practice respecting medical uses
[2015-03-16] A revised practice guidance for the examination of patent applications respecting medical use claims has been approved following the recent Federal Court decision AbbVie Biotechnology Ltd. v. The Attorney General of Canada, 2014 FC 1251.
- Monthly production statistics
[2015-02-27] Year-to-date monthly statistics for input, inventory and output of patents, trademarks and industrial designs.
- Message from the Chief Executive Officer — Business Strategy Update 2015
[2015-02-25] The Business Strategy CEO Message provide the annual update of the Canadian Intellectual Property Office Business Strategy 2012-2017.
- New ePCT electronic filing option for Canadian applicants
[2015-02-10] CIPO, in its capacity as Receiving Office (RO), began accepting international applications prepared using WIPO’s ePCT service.
- Patent and trademark agent renewal deadline: March 31, 2015
[2015-02-02] A reminder notice for patent and trademark agents to maintain their registration on or before March 31.
- New Patent Prosecution Highway pilot agreement between the European Patent Office and the Canadian Intellectual Property Office
[2015-01-06] New Patent Prosecution Highway pilot agreement between the European Patent Office and the Canadian Intellectual Property Office.
- Royal assent: Changes to the Patent Act and to the Industrial Design Act
[2014-12-17] Bill C-43 received royal assent on December 16, 2014.
- Austria and Singapore join the Global Patent Prosecution Highway
[2014-11-01] Austria and Singapore join the Global PPH
- Guidance following the service interruption on October 22, 2014
[2014-10-22] This notice is intended to provide guidance on current Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) practice and interpretation of relevant legislation.
- New phone appointment service offered to clients
[2014-10-09] New phone appointment service with a CIPO information officer
- Updates to MOPOP Chapters 8 and 19
[2014-10-01] MOPOP updates to chapters 8 and 19
- New Search Report for National Patent Examination
[2014-10-01] A new search report is added to national examination reports as of October 2014
- CIPO and the European Patent Office sign patent agreement
[2014-09-24] CIPO signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the European Patent Office (EPO) to establish a Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH) pilot based on both nationally filed and Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT-PPH) work products.
- Trademarks webinar – A technical briefing related to the changes to the Trade-marks Act — Additional technical briefing sessions in English Updated
[2014-09-04] On September 16, 2014, CIPO offers a technical briefing on the revised changes to the Trade-marks Act contained in Bill C-31.
- Date modified: