- Changes to CIPO's business hours and cash payment transactions
[2017-01-13] Starting February 6, 2017, two service changes will take effect regarding business hours and payment options at CIPO.
- Revised sections of the Manual of Patent Office Practice released
[2017-01-09] List of changes made in January 2017 on the CIPO MOPOP
- Poland joins the Global Patent Prosecution Highway
[2017-01-06] On January 6, 2017, the Patent Office of the Republic of Poland (PPO) joined the Global Patent Prosecution Highway (GPPH) pilot.
- New Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH) pilot agreement between Canada and Chile
[2017-01-06] A new PPH pilot program agreement between the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) and the National Institute of Industrial Property of Chile (INAPI) will commence January 6, 2017.
- The 11th Edition of the Nice Classification and CIPO’s Goods and Services Manual
[2017-01-03] On January 1, 2017, the latest edition of the International Classification of Goods and Services for the Purposes of Registration of Marks (Nice Classification) entered into force.
- Updated schedule of fees for international patent applications
[2016-12-29] The Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) schedule of fees will be updated, effective January 1, 2017. This update will impact international patent applications filed on or after this date.
- Migration to Canada.ca
[2016-12-15] As part of the Government of Canada’s Web Renewal Initiative (WRI), beginning this month, we will be moving our services and information to Canada.ca.
- Ask an IP expert—Trademarks
[2016-12-06] We are organizing a live question and answer session in English on our Twitter account with one of our trademark experts.
- CIPO celebrates the 40th anniversary of the grant of the 1 millionth patent in Canada
[2016-11-16] On November 16, 2016, the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) celebrates the 40th anniversary of the grant of the 1 millionth patent in Canada.
- Celebrate global entrepreneurship week with CIPO
[2016-11-14] Announcement of Global Entrepreneurship Week celebrations
- Release of the IP Canada Report 2016
[2016-11-10] The IP Canada Report 2016 presents trends in IP filing activities in Canada and by Canadians around the world in addition to patenting information in climate change mitigation technologies.
- Get digital for Small Business Week
[2016-10-18] CIPO is going digital for Small Business Week (SBW), which runs from October 16 to 22, to share all the useful and helpful intellectual property (IP) tools and services that CIPO offers.
- Erratum: Discrepancy between the Trade-marks Journal and the Canadian Trade-marks Database
[2016-10-13] As of October 12, 2016, applications appearing in Vol. 63 No. 3233 of the Trade-marks Journal will be displayed as "Advertised". However, their status in the Canadian Trademarks Database will display as "Approved".
- Assemblies of the Member States of WIPO: 56th Series of Meetings
[2016-09-27] An overview of our upcoming participation, from October 3 to 11, 2016, to the 56th Series of Meetings of the Assemblies of the Member States of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
- What is copyright in Canada?
[2016-09-07] In the What is a copyright? (Canada) video, you will find the types of works that copyright protects and the duration of its protection and information on the Copyright Law and on how to register a copyright.
- CIPO earns 2016 Public Service Awards of Excellence
[2016-08-05] The Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) is pleased to receive a 2016 Public Service Award of Excellence in the Official Languages category. Recipients of the 2016 Public Service Awards of Excellence were recently announced by the Government of Canada.
- CIPO Visit to China
[2016-07-29] In June, the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) visited Beijing to meet with Chinese counterparts and interlocutors in support of their mission to help Canadian businesses compete globally.
- You asked, we listened!
[2016-07-25] News regarding changes on the Canadian Patent Database.
- Canada and Mexico extend their bilateral patent agreement
[2016-07-06] CIPO and the Mexican Institute of Industrial Property (IMPI) extend their bilateral PPH program for two years to July 6, 2018.
- Release of revised chapters of the MOPOP - June 2016
[2016-07-05] List of changes made in June 2016 on the CIPO MOPOP
- 2016 Trademark Agent Exam—November 29, 2016
[2016-06-27] Patent news of the 2016 trademark agent qualifying examination held on November 29, 2016.
- World Industrial Design Day—Live Q & A with an industrial design examiner
[2016-06-22] A message to announce a live Q & A session with an industrial design examiner in celebration of World Industrial Design Day on June 29th.
- The Canadian Intellectual Property Office opens consultations on proposed adjustments to trademark and patent fees
[2016-06-06] The Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) consultations on proposed adjustments to trademark and patent fee structure.
- Maintenance of the Canadian Industrial Designs Database
[2016-06-06] Regular updates to the Canadian Industrial Design Database will resume as of June 17th, 2016.
- XpresspostTM service of Canada Post is now recognized as a designated establishment
[2016-05-25] Further to the Federal Court decision, CIPO now considers Xpresspost TM service as a designated establishment to receive official correspondence.
- CIPO celebrates World Intellectual Property Day 2016 with a Twitter chat!
[2016-04-21] World Intellectual Property Day 2016 and Twitter Chat
- CIPO Annual Report 2014–2015
[2016-04-18] A message to announce the CIPO 2014-2015 Annual Report.
- Visit from Mexico IPO and signature of an MOU
[2016-04-18] Signature of a MOU with the Instituto Mexicano de la Propiedad Industrial (IMPI).
- Trademarks webinar—Live demonstration on the classification features in the Goods and Services Manual
[2016-03-24] Invitation to a webinar on the classification features available through the Goods and Services Manual. Open to everyone.
- Update: Patent and trademark agent renewal deadline: March 31, 2016
[2016-03-10] Reminder for firms and for agents to renew their registration on the register of patent agents and on the list of trademark agents on or before March 31st.
- Release of certain sections of revised Chapter 17 of the Manual of Patent Office Practice (MOPOP)
[2016-03-03] Information on the release of revised chapter 17 of the Manual of Patent Office Practice.
- Learn how to protect your unique product design—join our Twitter chat on February 25
[2016-02-22] Industrial design Twitter chat hosted by Canada Business Network.
- New service: e-copies of trademark, copyright and industrial design documents
[2016-02-19] Information about new service to receive uncertified electronic copies (CD-ROM or email) of trademark, copyright and industrial design files.
- Trademarks webinar – Live demonstration on the classification features in the Goods and Services Manual (GSM)
[2016-02-18] Invitation for trademarks agents to a webinar on the classification features available through the Goods and Services Manual.
- Evaluation studies on patent services
[2016-02-12] Two separate evaluation studies on patent services are currently being conducted by the Canadian Intellectual Property Office and Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada.
- Release of revised chapters 15 and 19 of the Manual of Patent Office Practice (MOPOP)
[2016-01-28] Information on the release of revised chapters 15 and 19 of the Manual of Patent Office Practice
- Information on the December 29, 2015 service interruption
[2016-01-05] Information on the December 29, 2015 service interruption.
- Release of revised chapter 23 of the MOPOP
[2015-12-18] Chapter 23 of the Manual of Patent Office Practice (MOPOP) has been revised and published.
- Help us improve our services: Survey regarding patent examination
[2015-12-01] The Canadian Intellectual Property Office will be conducting a short online survey relating to its patent examination services.
- CIPO celebrates innovators during Global Entrepreneurship Week (Nov. 16-22)
[2015-11-16] In recognition of Global Entrepreneurship Week, the Canadian Intellectual Property Office proudly celebrates the millions of self-starters and innovators around the world.
- Boost your patents IQ by joining our live Twitter chat on November 19
[2015-11-10] In recognition of Global Entrepreneurship Week, join our patents Twitter chat hosted by Canada Business from noon to 1 p.m. (EST) on November 19.
- Change to granted patents
[2015-11-02] Change to the printing format of granted patents.
- Date modified: