- CIPO Annual Report 2013-2014
[2015-04-07] The Canadian Intellectual Property Office is pleased to announce the release of the CIPO Annual Report 2013–2014 tabled in the House of Commons on April 1, 2015, by the Minister of Industry.
- Patent notice: Examination practice respecting medical uses
[2015-03-16] A revised practice guidance for the examination of patent applications respecting medical use claims has been approved following the recent Federal Court decision AbbVie Biotechnology Ltd. v. The Attorney General of Canada, 2014 FC 1251.
- Monthly production statistics
[2015-02-27] Year-to-date monthly statistics for input, inventory and output of patents, trademarks and industrial designs.
- Message from the Chief Executive Officer — Business Strategy Update 2015
[2015-02-25] The Business Strategy CEO Message provide the annual update of the Canadian Intellectual Property Office Business Strategy 2012-2017.
- New ePCT electronic filing option for Canadian applicants
[2015-02-10] CIPO, in its capacity as Receiving Office (RO), began accepting international applications prepared using WIPO’s ePCT service.
- Patent and trademark agent renewal deadline: March 31, 2015
[2015-02-02] A reminder notice for patent and trademark agents to maintain their registration on or before March 31.
- New Patent Prosecution Highway pilot agreement between the European Patent Office and the Canadian Intellectual Property Office
[2015-01-06] New Patent Prosecution Highway pilot agreement between the European Patent Office and the Canadian Intellectual Property Office.
- Royal assent: Changes to the Patent Act and to the Industrial Design Act
[2014-12-17] Bill C-43 received royal assent on December 16, 2014.
- Austria and Singapore join the Global Patent Prosecution Highway
[2014-11-01] Austria and Singapore join the Global PPH
- Guidance following the service interruption on October 22, 2014
[2014-10-22] This notice is intended to provide guidance on current Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) practice and interpretation of relevant legislation.
- New phone appointment service offered to clients
[2014-10-09] New phone appointment service with a CIPO information officer
- Modernizing the IP Community report
[2014-10-09] A report on improving the register/list of patent and trademark agents, qualifications and maintenance of agents on the register/list, and a values and ethics framework for agents.
- New Search Report for National Patent Examination
[2014-10-01] A new search report is added to national examination reports as of October 2014
- Updates to MOPOP Chapters 8 and 19
[2014-10-01] MOPOP updates to chapters 8 and 19
- CIPO and the European Patent Office sign patent agreement
[2014-09-24] CIPO signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the European Patent Office (EPO) to establish a Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH) pilot based on both nationally filed and Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT-PPH) work products.
- Trademarks webinar – A technical briefing related to the changes to the Trade-marks Act — Additional technical briefing sessions in English Updated
[2014-09-04] On September 16, 2014, CIPO offers a technical briefing on the revised changes to the Trade-marks Act contained in Bill C-31.
- CIPO's Goods and Services Manual Gets a Big Boost
[2014-08-25] The Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) joins the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market (OHIM) harmonized database of goods and services, also known as TMclass.
- Upcoming website redesign
[2014-08-25] Announcement of the launch of the new CIPO website on Sept. 2nd, 2014.
- Consultation on MOPOP Chapter 13: Examination of Applications
[2014-07-14] The MOPOP Chapter 13: Examination of Applications has been revised to align with the Office Patent Notice respecting purposive construction and is released for public consultation.
- Celebrate World Industrial Design Day June 29
[2014-06-25] World Industrial Design Day 2014
- Annie Crousset appointed Director General,
[2014-06-25] Annie Crousset has been appointed Director General of the Trademarks Branch.
- Amendments to the Trade-marks Act: Questions and Answers
[2014-06-20] Questions and Answers on the amendments to the trade-marks Act having received Royal Assent on June 19, 2014.
- Royal assent: Changes to the Trade-marks Act
[2014-06-20] Changes to the trade-marks Act have received Royal Assent on June 19, 2014. This is a significant milestone in the process of implementing the three trademark treaties: Madrid Protocol, Singapore Treaty and Nice Agreement.
- Upcoming Changes to the Manual of Patent Office Practice
[2014-06-04] Article on the updates of the Manual of Patent Office Practice (MOPOP). This update will be done in two phases and will lead to a new online version of the MOPOP in Spring 2015.
- CIPO Annual Report 2012-2013
[2014-06-03] CIPO has tabled its Annual Report 2012–2013 in Parliament.
- Canadian patent documents are now in PATENTSCOPE!
[2014-05-06] Canadian patent documents are now in PATENTSCOPE.
- World Intellectual Property Day at CIPO
[2014-04-22] World Intellectual Property Day 2014: CIPO salutes innovation in the movie industry
- Amendments to the Patent Rules are coming into force on May 1, 2014
[2014-04-10] Information about amendments to the Patent Rules coming into force on May 1, 2014.
- CIPO and the Competition Bureau Sign Memorandum to Enhance Inter-Agency Cooperation
[2014-04-02] What's New about a Memorandum of Understanding between CIPO and Competition Bureau.
- New CIPO Trademarks Electronic Filing System is Live!
[2014-03-31] New trademarks electronic filing system is live.
- Changes to patent examination reports
[2014-03-26] Article about changes to patent examination reports
- The New CIPO Trademarks e-Filing System to be launched on March 31, 2014
[2014-03-20] The Trademarks Office will soon release a new system that will allow you to quickly and conveniently submit new and revised online applications for ordinary trademarks, certifications marks and distinguishing guises.
- Date modified: