- CIPO earns 2016 Public Service Awards of Excellence
[2016-08-05] The Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) is pleased to receive a 2016 Public Service Award of Excellence in the Official Languages category. Recipients of the 2016 Public Service Awards of Excellence were recently announced by the Government of Canada.
- CIPO Visit to China
[2016-07-29] In June, the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) visited Beijing to meet with Chinese counterparts and interlocutors in support of their mission to help Canadian businesses compete globally.
- You asked, we listened!
[2016-07-25] News regarding changes on the Canadian Patent Database.
- Canada and Mexico extend their bilateral patent agreement
[2016-07-06] CIPO and the Mexican Institute of Industrial Property (IMPI) extend their bilateral PPH program for two years to July 6, 2018.
- Release of revised chapters of the MOPOP - June 2016
[2016-07-05] List of changes made in June 2016 on the CIPO MOPOP
- 2016 Trademark Agent Exam—November 29, 2016
[2016-06-27] Patent news of the 2016 trademark agent qualifying examination held on November 29, 2016.
- World Industrial Design Day—Live Q & A with an industrial design examiner
[2016-06-22] A message to announce a live Q & A session with an industrial design examiner in celebration of World Industrial Design Day on June 29th.
- Maintenance of the Canadian Industrial Designs Database
[2016-06-06] Regular updates to the Canadian Industrial Design Database will resume as of June 17th, 2016.
- The Canadian Intellectual Property Office opens consultations on proposed adjustments to trademark and patent fees
[2016-06-06] The Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) consultations on proposed adjustments to trademark and patent fee structure.
- XpresspostTM service of Canada Post is now recognized as a designated establishment
[2016-05-25] Further to the Federal Court decision, CIPO now considers Xpresspost TM service as a designated establishment to receive official correspondence.
- CIPO celebrates World Intellectual Property Day 2016 with a Twitter chat!
[2016-04-21] World Intellectual Property Day 2016 and Twitter Chat
- Visit from Mexico IPO and signature of an MOU
[2016-04-18] Signature of a MOU with the Instituto Mexicano de la Propiedad Industrial (IMPI).
- CIPO Annual Report 2014–2015
[2016-04-18] A message to announce the CIPO 2014-2015 Annual Report.
- Trademarks webinar—Live demonstration on the classification features in the Goods and Services Manual
[2016-03-24] Invitation to a webinar on the classification features available through the Goods and Services Manual. Open to everyone.
- Update: Patent and trademark agent renewal deadline: March 31, 2016
[2016-03-10] Reminder for firms and for agents to renew their registration on the register of patent agents and on the list of trademark agents on or before March 31st.
- Release of certain sections of revised Chapter 17 of the Manual of Patent Office Practice (MOPOP)
[2016-03-03] Information on the release of revised chapter 17 of the Manual of Patent Office Practice.
- Learn how to protect your unique product design—join our Twitter chat on February 25
[2016-02-22] Industrial design Twitter chat hosted by Canada Business Network.
- New service: e-copies of trademark, copyright and industrial design documents
[2016-02-19] Information about new service to receive uncertified electronic copies (CD-ROM or email) of trademark, copyright and industrial design files.
- Trademarks webinar – Live demonstration on the classification features in the Goods and Services Manual (GSM)
[2016-02-18] Invitation for trademarks agents to a webinar on the classification features available through the Goods and Services Manual.
- Evaluation studies on patent services
[2016-02-12] Two separate evaluation studies on patent services are currently being conducted by the Canadian Intellectual Property Office and Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada.
- Release of revised chapters 15 and 19 of the Manual of Patent Office Practice (MOPOP)
[2016-01-28] Information on the release of revised chapters 15 and 19 of the Manual of Patent Office Practice
- Information on the December 29, 2015 service interruption
[2016-01-05] Information on the December 29, 2015 service interruption.
- Release of revised chapter 23 of the MOPOP
[2015-12-18] Chapter 23 of the Manual of Patent Office Practice (MOPOP) has been revised and published.
- Help us improve our services: Survey regarding patent examination
[2015-12-01] The Canadian Intellectual Property Office will be conducting a short online survey relating to its patent examination services.
- CIPO celebrates innovators during Global Entrepreneurship Week (Nov. 16-22)
[2015-11-16] In recognition of Global Entrepreneurship Week, the Canadian Intellectual Property Office proudly celebrates the millions of self-starters and innovators around the world.
- Boost your patents IQ by joining our live Twitter chat on November 19
[2015-11-10] In recognition of Global Entrepreneurship Week, join our patents Twitter chat hosted by Canada Business from noon to 1 p.m. (EST) on November 19.
- Change to granted patents
[2015-11-02] Change to the printing format of granted patents.
- Assemblies of the Member States of WIPO: 55th Series of Meetings
[2015-10-01] The General Assemblies bring together WIPO’s 188 member states to reflect upon performance, governance, and policy direction.
- Learn more about the Nice Classification and take a look at the Practice notice
[2015-09-28] The Nice classifications is now accepted starting September 28, 2015 and there a new Trademarks Practice Notice.
- Nice Classification is coming to CIPO September 28! Register now for our online tools improvements webinar
[2015-09-22] On September 28, 2015, CIPO will begin to accept trademarks applications and web tools has been updated.
- Release of revised chapter 10 of the MOPOP
[2015-09-17] Chapter 10: Drawings of the Manual of Patent Office Practice (MOPOP) has been revised and includes content and formatting updates.
- Get a snapshot of how the trademarks landscape is changing
[2015-09-16] Announcement of the creation of a new web page on Trademarks legislative changes and international treaties.
- Canadian trademark and industrial design data added to TMview and Designview search tools
[2015-09-14] CIPO shares Canadian trademark and industrial design data internationally with the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market TMview and Designview
- Johanne Bélisle appointed Commissioner of Patents, Registrar of Trademarks and Chief Executive Officer of CIPO
[2015-09-08] Johanne Bélisle is CIPO’s Commissioner of Patents, Registrar of Trademarks and Chief Executive Officer.
- SIPO and CIPO extend their bilateral agreement for the Patent Prosecution Highway pilot project
[2015-08-28] The Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH) pilot project between the Canadian Intellectual Property Office and the State Intellectual Property Office of the People’s Republic of China has been extended to August 31, 2018.
- Coming soon! Renewal of CIPO's Online Applications
[2015-07-22] At the end of July and end of August, the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) will release revamped online applications as part of a series of planned improvements to modernize our online services.
- Germany and Estonia join the Global Patent Prosecution Highway
[2015-07-06] Article announcing that Germany and Estonia are joining the Global Patent Prosecution Highway pilot on July 6, 2015
- North American collaboration on the Patent Prosecution Highway
[2015-07-01] Projet pilote trilatérale sur l’Autoroute du traitement des demandes de brevet entre l’OPIC, USPTO et IMPI
- Coming soon: CIPO will begin accepting trademark applications using the Nice Classification
[2015-06-29] Article announcing that CIPO will start accepting trademark applications using the Nice Classification in the fall of 2015.
- Release of revised chapters 5, 6, 13, 20 and 24 of the MOPOP
[2015-06-29] CIPO announces the publication of revised chapters of the Manual of Patent Office Practice (MOPOP), which are chapters 5, 6, 13, 20 and 24.
- Trademark Agent Qualifying Examination
[2015-06-29] Notice to announce the 2015 Trademark Agent qualifying examination that will be held on November 24, 2015.
- Patent Branch Telephone Services
[2015-06-22] A message to announce a change in telephone services in the Patents Branch.
- Improvements to the Canadian Patents Database
[2015-06-15] News on the improvements to the Canadian Patents Database including an extended library of patent-specific content, how to file for prior art and the full compliance with WIPO CASE system.
- PCT-EASY Decommissioning
[2015-06-03] A notice about software changes for patent applications.
- New — Common Global Patent Prosecution Highway (GPPH) Request Form
[2015-06-02] Changes to the global Patent Prosecution Highway request form on June 2nd, 2015
- Date modified: