Electronic payment tips
From: Canadian Intellectual Property Office
- Do not use your browser’s "Back" button: you could overwrite your current submission.
- Your transaction will only be sent to CIPO upon completion of the payment process.
- You only have 15 minutes to complete the online payment portion once you access the secure payment screen.
- Be sure to have your credit card ready PRIOR to using the "Process Payment" button.
- We recommend you print a record of your payment transaction using the "Print Page" button. Your browser’s print function will not work during an online payment transaction.
- You will temporarily leave the CIPO Web site for processing of your credit card payment. The "Complete Order" button at the end of the payment portion will return you to the CIPO Web site.
- If all requirements are met, the official receipt date will be the date your electronic application is received by the server. Detailed information on the application process is included on the product line main page.
- Electronic submissions are considered originals. Do not send a duplicate copy.
For applications to the Trademarks Branch, replace 7 and 8 as follows:
7. The official filing date of your request will be the date your electronic application and payment are received by the Trademarks Branch. An Office Acknowledgment Notice and a Client Proof Sheet will be sent to you shortly.
8. Documents sent electronically are considered originals. Do not forward a duplicate paper copy.
- Date modified: