Request for certificate of correction
If a clerical error was made in preparing your copyright application or registration document, you can apply for a certificate of correction.
Address changes are not entered in the Register of Copyrights but will be noted in Copyright Office records for the convenience of searches.
Filing the request
You may ask for a certificate of correction in several ways:
- Online—Complete the request for certificate of correction form. This form is a secure document and you must create a My Industry Canada account and log in to get this form. You may need to pay a fee if the error is found to be on your part.
- By fax or mail—Send a letter requesting the correction to CIPO.
How you pay your fee
- You may pay the fee for the certificate of correction using a credit card or by deposit account for online and fax requests and by credit card, deposit account, postal money order or cheque for requests sent by mail.
- There is no fee for clerical errors made by CIPO.
Notice for current deposit account holders
To link your Industry Canada username to your online deposit account, you must contact the Finance, Integrated Planning and Administration Branch by email or by phone at 819-994-2269.
To set up a new deposit account or to recover a forgotten username or password, please visit My Industry Canada Account.
System and browser requirements
Please review our system and browser requirements to make sure you have the correct versions.
- For issues with My Industry Canada Account, contact Industry Canada’s service centre.
- For questions related to CIPO’s online forms, please contact us.
- For issues with the website, please complete the technical problem report form.
Get the form
Access the secure request for certificate of correction form.
- Date modified: