Patent examiner recruitment — Patent examiner responsibilities
- Patent examiners read and analyze patent applications through a computer system.
- They examine the written descriptions of the inventions.
- They search relevant technologies to compare with similar prior inventions using various databases and the CIPO library.
- They determine if the patent applications comply with the Patent Act and Patent Rules.
- They communicate in writing with the applicant or the applicant's patent agent if their application does not comply with the Patent Act and Patent Rules.
- They consider responses from the applicant or the applicant's patent agent.
- They recommend the grant or refusal of a patent.
| Recruitment Main Page
| About CIPO |
| Statement of merit criteria SG-PAT-02 SG-PAT-03 |
| Examiner responsibilities
| How to Apply |
- Date modified: