MOPOP - Chapter 22
22.01 - Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) - May 2014
The PCT is a multilateral treaty among States, concluded in 1970 and entered into force on January 24, 1978. Canada became bound by the PCT on January 2, 1990. As of July 26, 2004 Canada became an International Searching and Preliminary Examination Authority under the PCT.
Information regarding the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) may be found at the following links.
PCT – The International System:
- General PCT information and resources
- Frequently Asked Questions about the PCT
- International Phase information (Where to apply, process, etc):
- National Phase information:
- For specific information relating to CIPO in its various roles in the PCT:
For the PCT Treaty, Regulations and Administrative Instructions:
- Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT):
- Regulations under the Patent Cooperation Treaty:
- Administrative Instructions under the Patent Cooperation Treaty
Information on the work of the Authorities and Offices can be found on WIPO's website.
- Date modified: