Registration of Trademarks (for agents)
- Before You Begin
- Future Correspondence
- System Requirements and Information
- Login to Register a Trademark
For questions related to CIPO's applications, or to obtain a user guide, please contact the Client Service Centre.
Before You Begin
If you are a new client, you must create a username and password with Industry Canada. The Industry Canada username creation page is located on a secure server on the Industry Canada site.
Payments may be made by credit card or by deposit account.
Activate your Industry Canada username by contacting the Trademarks Operations Section by phone at 819-997-2590 or by facsimile at 819-953-2476. Do not contact us if you are already activated.
Note: It is important to provide the Operations Section with your Industry Canada username in the same way that it was applied for. The Industry Canada username is case sensitive and must be recorded exactly as it was applied for.
The Registration certificate and the registration page will be available online. However, all further correspondence hereafter, pertaining to this registration, will be by regular mail.
A glossary of terms and their functions is available for your assistance.
Note: You will have to log onto Industry Canada to access this document.
System Requirements and Information
You should review our system requirements and information summary to ensure you have the required software.
- For assistance with your username and password, contact the Industry Canada Help Desk.
- For questions related to CIPO's applications, or to obtain a user guide, please contact the Client Service Centre.
- To report a technical problem, please complete the Technical Problem Report form.
- Date modified: