Registration and Renewal of Trademarks
Warning: scam notices related to patents or trademarks
The Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) is aware of various scam mail or email being sent to holders of patent and trademark registrations. Protect yourself! Find out more about non-CIPO solicitations and learn how you can report it.
Before you begin
If you are a new client, you must create a username and password with Industry Canada. The Industry Canada username creation page is located on a secure server on the Industry Canada site.
Returning clients who need to update their Industry Canada registration, or who have forgotten their username or password should visit Industry Canada registration.
Services available online
You may use this web application to:
- Pay the registration fee and submit the declaration of use (if applicable)
- Request an extension of time to file a declaration of use
- Pay the renewal fee
Payments may be made by credit card or by CIPO deposit account and must be paid in Canadian dollars (CAN$).
The extension of time notice, the declaration of use confirmation, the registration certificate, the renewal certificate and the registration page will be available online. Further correspondence will be sent by regular mail.
- For assistance with your username and password, contact the Industry Canada Help Desk.
- For questions related to this web application, please contact the Client Service Centre.
- To report a technical problem, please complete the Technical Problem Report form.
- Date modified: