Women take the stage at the Canadian Intellectual Property Office
Celebrations for World Intellectual Property Day 2018!
– Gatineau – Innovation, Science and Economic Development / Canadian Intellectual Property Office
Led by the World Intellectual Property Organization, World Intellectual Property (IP) Day takes place yearly on April 26. This year's World IP Day theme is Powering change: Women in innovation and creativity, and the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) has a number of activities planned to mark the day, from digital initiatives to events held across Canada:
- Famous Five Women of IP: CIPO will be featuring on its website five famous Canadian women who have used their IP strategically to succeed in their own unique ways.
- Account takeover: CIPO will be taking over Status of Women Canada's social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram). CIPO will share stories about women and IP, including the stories of the Famous Five Women of IP.
- Events: In partnership with the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC), CIPO is co-hosting information and networking events in Edmonton, Vancouver, Halifax, Montreal, Kitchener-Waterloo, and the Greater Toronto Area. There will be a discussion about women's contributions to innovation, an information session on how IP can support a growing business, and a networking opportunity with other professionals in the field. Participation is free, but registration is required!
"On April 26, join CIPO in celebration of World IP Day 2018! Our goal is to inspire women across the country to join our conversation about IP, and support each other in transforming Canada into a leader in innovation, business and technology."
- CIPO supports businesses by providing them with tools and resources tailored to grow their IP literacy, and help them use their IP more strategically. There has been a particular emphasis on supporting Canadian women to help them in protecting their IP.
- 50% of all new businesses today are women-led (BDC Women entrepreneurs: Think big web page)
- Women entrepreneurs are innovating in all sectors and across all aspects of their businesses (Everywhere, Every Day Innovating – Women Entrepreneurs and Innovation, The Beacon Agency, 2018)
Find out more about CIPO's World IP Day initiatives through its web page.
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
- Date modified: