Draft MOPOP Topics for new Patent Rules How to provide your submission
From: Canadian Intellectual Property Office
This consultation is currently open.
Your input is important to us and will be reviewed and considered to further develop the Patent Rules. All comments received will be considered public.
Please send your comments and feedback by:
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- indicating in the subject line: Draft MOPOP Topics - Patent Rules
CIPO will only consider submissions that:
- are related to the current consultation on the draft administrative topics for the revised Manual of Patent Office Practice (MOPOP) following the anticipated coming into force of the new Patent Act and the new Patent Rules in Fall 2019
- pose a question, issue or complaint, based on a reasonable argument and/or facts
- provide comments on the draft administrative topics or the consultative process
We will not consider submissions that:
- relate to the recent legislative changes to the Patent Act or the recent proposed changes to the Patent Rules
- are outside the scope of these consultations
- use inappropriate language, or are defamatory
- are in contravention of the Privacy Act or the Access to Information Act
Please note that the draft MOPOP topics have been prepared on the basis of the proposed new Patent Rules, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on . These drafts will be subject to further edits and improvements before the coming into force of the new Patent Act and the new Patent Rules therefore we encourage stakeholders to provide comments and feedback.
You will receive an automatic confirmation acknowledging receipt of your submission. We will review everything we receive but please note that the automatic confirmation is the only correspondence that you will receive from us unless we need further clarification regarding your submission.
Submissions on the draft administrative MOPOP Topics for the new Patent Rules can be forwarded to CIPO from to .
A consultation report will be posted on our website following the close of the consultation period.
If you have any questions regarding these consultations or require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Client Service Centre.
Follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn for the latest developments.
We thank you for your time and interest.
- Date modified: