Electronic communications: E-Mailbox application
From: Canadian Intellectual Property Office
Communications from the Industrial Design Office are available electronically through CIPO's secure E-Mailbox application for industrial designs.
To receive electronic communications, you need to follow a simple three-step process:
- Inform the Industrial Design Office that your preferred method of correspondence is electronic by either:
- specifying it in the cover letter when filing a paper application, or in a separate letter, if made later;
- selecting it in the appropriate section when submitting an E-Filing application, or online through the Industrial designs – General correspondence application, if made later.
- Confirm your authentication through the E-Access application.
- Log in to E-Mailbox using your My ISED Account.
For more details on how to make a request for electronic communications and authentication, please consult section 1.06 of the Industrial Design Office Practice Manual.
System and browser requirements
Please review our system and browser requirements to make sure you have the correct versions to be able to use our online services.
You must have an account on ISED's secure server in order to access electronic services, including E-Mailbox.
With the My ISED Account (secure server), you can:
- log in to access electronic services
- set up a new account
- recover a forgotten username or password
If you do not already have a My ISED account, you will need to create one.
Period of inactivity
For security reasons, you will be automatically logged out of the system after 30 minutes of inactivity.
Login to the industrial design E-Mailbox
- For help with your username and password, contact the ISED Help Desk.
- For questions related to CIPO applications, or to get a user guide, please complete the general enquiry or publication request form.
- For issues with the website, please complete the technical problem report form.
- Date modified: