Find a loan for your small business
This is a loan program in collaboration with financial institutions. If you are looking for other government financial incentives including grants or general information for small businesses, please access the Canada Business Network.
What can loans be used for under this program?
To finance the cost of:
- purchasing or improving land and buildings used for commercial purposes
- purchasing new or existing renovations to premises occupied by the business as a tenant
- purchasing or improving new or used equipment (including commercial vehicles)
What are the maximum loan amounts?
Who is eligible?
Small businesses or start-ups operating for profit in Canada, with gross annual revenues of $5 million or less.
Not eligible under this program are farming businesses (Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada has a similar program for the farming industry — for information, visit www.agr.gc.ca), not-for-profit organizations, or charitable and religious organizations.
For more information, visit the business eligibility section of our guidelines.
Want to know more about the program? Watch our interactive presentation!
Top 6 Frequently Asked Questions
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of the CSBFP, January 2015
- Updated and Extended Economic Impact Analysis of the CSBFP, November 2014
- CSBFP Lender Awareness and Satisfaction Study, August 2014
- Evaluation of the CSBFP, June 2014
- CSBFP Awareness and Satisfaction Study, July 2013
The CSBFP is committed to its service standards.
Please help us improve our website!
Looking for more information on Government Initiatives?
Sign up for the Canada Business Network RSS Feed
Rate this page
The content of this page was useful to me.
- Date modified: