Summary of Eligible Costs
If the following document is not accessible to you, please contact us to obtain other appropriate formats.
If you wish to print this document, it is strongly recommended that you download and print the PDF version. (518 KB, 2 pages)
To access the editable version, you may use the smart form.
Canada Small Business Financing Act
Small Business Loans Act
Summary of Eligible Costs
5Total invoice less refundable taxes
6Total proof of payment
Eligible amount of invoice 90%
Eligible amount of proof of payment 100%
9Eligible cost (lesser of A and B)
Equipment & leasehold
|Real Properties or Immovables|
Real properties or
Instructions for the Lender
(1) Enter the borrower's name (as registered).
(2) Enter the loan registration number (6 digits) assigned under the Canada Small Business Financing Program (CSBF) or the Small Business Loan Program (SBL).
(3)Enter date of commitment, date on invoice or date of payment. Please note that commitments or expenditures made within 180 days prior to the date of the loan approval are eligible and must be included in the calculation of eligible costs. A non-refundable deposit constitutes both a commitment and an expenditure.
(4) Enter name of supplier as it appears on invoice or purchase agreement.
(5) Enter total of invoice less refundable taxes. The Harmonized Sales Tax in the Maritime Provinces, QST in the province of Québec and GST across Canada are all refundable taxes. They are not eligible for financing (they are not to be included in the calculation of the eligible costs). The provincial sales taxes in Ontario and Western Canada are not refundable taxes and are eligible for financing (they must be included in the calculation of the eligible costs).
(6) Enter total proof of payment for each invoice.
(7) Eligible amount of invoice is calculated by default at 90% of column 5.
(8) Eligible amount of payment is calculated by default at 100% of column 6.
(9) Eligible cost is the lesser of 90% of eligible cost (column 7) or 100% of proof of payment (column 8).
(10) Total of eligible equipment and leasehold improvements is calculated by default.
(11) Total of real properties or immovables
(12) Enter date that the loan was approved by the lender.
(13) Total of all eligible assets (equipment, leasehold improvements, real properties or immovables) is calculated by default.
(14) The registration fee for the CSBF loan is 2% of line 10 (whether financed or not by the lender). The 2% fee plus the total eligible cost in line 10 can’t exceed $350,000. If the total of line 10 is $350,000 or higher, then the amount in line 14 will default to $0.
(15) The registration fee for the CSBF loan is 2 % of line 11 (whether financed or not by the lender). The 2% fee plus the total eligible cost in line 11 can’t exceed $500,000. If the total of line 11 is $500,000 or higher, then the amount in line 15 will default to $0.
(16) Total of the 2% fees eligible for financing (line 14 plus 15). If the total of eligible cost of all assets (line 13) is equal or higher than $500,000, then the amount in line 16 will default to $0.
Reserved for CSBFP
(17) Total amount of loan upon registration, including the 2% registration fee financed.
(18) Total amount of fees financed upon registration of loan.
(19) Total amount disbursed by lender to borrower as per the loan statement provided.
(20) Total of all eligible assets (box 13) and fees financed at registration (box 18).
(21) % of loan eligibility.
- Date modified: