Canada's Digital Economy: Moving Forward
Archived information is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Government Conference Centre (map)
The Honourable Tony Clement, Minister of Industry, is hosting a one-day forum to identify the key areas of action necessary for Canada to regain its leadership position in the Digital Economy.
Senior level leaders from business, academic and consumer organizations are being invited to contribute their expertise and actively participate in this day-long event.
The objectives are to agree upon:
- the major challenges and issues facing Canada as a digital economy;
- a statement of collective goals; and,
- a list of priority areas for action.
The expected results are to end the day with an agenda to advance the digital economy in Canada. Discussion will be based upon the following themes:
- promoting business innovation using ICTs;
- building a digital infrastructure of the future;
- ensuring a stronger, safer online marketplace;
- moving forward.
Participation in this event is by invitation only, however, the full day will be broadcast live online via this website. Your virtual participation is encouraged!
- Date modified: