Standards of Service to the Public
Our contact centre is committed to serving clients in a prompt, reliable, courteous and fair manner. To this end, we make the following commitments.
Making information available is an important part of our business. We seek to
- communicate in the client's official language of choice;
- provide service during regular business hours, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., via our toll-free telephone service, email and other common communication channels; and
- provide information in multiple formats, such as audio, Braille and large print, to accommodate persons with disabilities.
We provide accurate, relevant and reliable information that is customized to users' needs and communicated in a professional manner.
- Our contact centre responds to simple "off-the-shelf" enquiries within 24 hours.
- Semi-complex and complex enquiries may take five business days or more to resolve. We notify clients of the time it will take to resolve this type of enquiry. Enquiries received outside of business hours are processed on the next business day.
How did we do in 2016-17?
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) sets service level standards for various criteria and monitors performance on an ongoing basis.
Here are the statistics for enquiries received in 2016-17.
|Criteria||Performance||How is this measured?|
|Service available in official language of choice||100%||Enquiries monitoring|
|Access to service during business hours||99.9%|
|Access to service for persons with limitations||100%||Telephony reports|
|Accurate, relevant, reliable and professional service||93.3%||Enquiries monitoring|
|24-hour response rate for "off-the-shelf" enquiries||92.9%||Telephony reports|
|5-day response rate for all enquiries||98.9%||Telephony reports|
- Date modified: