Science and technology
Find financing for S&T
Money for your work in R&D
S&T helps us solve problems and create opportunities.
See Canada's investments in S&T
Valuable projects for our future
The Government of Canada supports key research and development activities that benefit us all including:
- Funding state-of-the-art research labs and infrastructure
- Accelerating repairs, maintenance and construction at Canadian universities and colleges
- Connecting researchers coast to coast by a 19000 km high-speed fibre optic cable
- Supporting studies and assessments for evidence-based public policy
- Supporting researchers in natural sciences and engineering
- Addressing complex issues in the social sciences and humanities
- Studying how genes interact with each other and their environment
- Answering big questions, at the leading edge of scientific inquiry
- Performing research in advanced theoretical physics
- Developing quantum computing
- Contributing to health innovation
- Developing communications technologies
- Researching space technologies
- Measuring changes produced by technological progress and their impact on society
- … and many other areas
See Canada's S&T performance
Our place in the world
Have a look at international comparisons for Canada's performance in science, technology, research and development. Our S&T data publication provides annual snapshots of the state of S&T in Canada.
Read Canada's S&T strategy
Mobilizing S&T to Canada's Advantage
Industry Canada works to ensure that federal policies and investments in S&T are creating the greatest possible benefit for Canadians.
- Expert Panel Consultation Paper – Review of Federal Support to Research and Development
- Submissions – Review of Federal Support to Research and Development
Rate this page
The content of this page was useful to me.
- Date modified: