Archived — Celebrate World Accreditation Day 2014
World Accreditation Day 2014 will be held under the theme, Accreditation: Delivering confidence in the provision of energy
Is your organization looking to tap into export markets, or seeking to increase its energy efficiency, reduce costs and improve energy performance? Then register today for the Standards Council of Canada's (SCC's) World Accreditation Day 2014 free breakfast event.
The theme of this year's global event is Accreditation: Delivering confidence in the provision of energy. Discover the importance of accreditation and certification procedures, standards, regulations and testing—and how they help ensure the safety of your products and services, and can help you gain a competitive global edge.
Time: – a.m. (EDT)
Location: Ottawa Convention Centre
(55 Colonel By Drive, Room 201)
- Networking breakfast
- Keynote speaker:
- Patrick Hardy, Co-founder and Chief Operating Officer of ClimateCHECK, an innovative greenhouse gas management solutions organization.
- Moderated panel discussion, including:
- Jean-François Comeau, Director of Business Development, Enviro-access inc., one of the three Canadian Environmental Technology Advancement Centres;
- Adam Haines, Vice President, Product Development & Delivery, from Industrial Audit Corporation; and
- Inderpal Jaswal, Registrar and Manager, Quality Assurance, QUASAR, the auditing, quality management and ISO certification arm of the Canadian Welding Bureau Group.
- Information session on ISO 50001, the internationally recognized Energy Management Systems standard. SCC recently launched a new accreditation program for organizations looking to implement this standard to increase their energy efficiency, reduce costs and improve energy performance—and for certification bodies wanting to help their clients.
- The session will feature:
- Carol Buckley, Director General of the Office of Energy Efficiency (OEE), Natural Resources Canada (NRCan), will talk about the value of becoming certified to ISO 50001. Through NRCan's OEE, the Government of Canada supports Responsible Energy Use through systematic energy management.
- Paul W. Birkeland, Founder and Principal, Global Strategic Energy, will lead this session.
Please see the World Accreditation Day 2014 – event agenda, for more information.
- Date modified: