Discover Innovative Canadian Capabilities
Canada is on the cusp of an advanced technology revolution. We have created a culture of innovation in this country — through our people, knowledge and opportunities. If you're thinking of investing, buying, selling or partnering — think of Canada.
- New ICT Sector Definition
- In March 2013, to align with other organizations such as Statistics Canada, the ICT Branch started using the 2006 OECD definition of the sector. Therefore, all documents published on this website after February 2013 are based on the 2006 OECD definition.
- Canadian ICT Sector Profile
- Last Update: October 2014
Reports the performance of the Canadian ICT sector in terms of GDP, employment, education, salaries, R&D expenditures and trade based on the most recent annual data available.
- Canadian ICT Statistical Overview (ICTSO)
- Last Update: October 2012
Provides the latest annual data available on the Canadian ICT sector. Data include key economic indicators by industry such as revenues, employment, GDP, R&D expenditures, capital expenditures and trade along with additional industry figures such as costs, salaries, value added, etc. The report analyses the performance of the entire sector as well as that of several individual ICT industries.
- Quarterly Monitor of the Canadian ICT Sector
- Last Update: Second Quarter 2014
Reports on growth rates in output (GDP), employment, manufacturing shipments and exports for the Canadian ICT sector and its main industries, using the most up-to-date indicators available.
- Date modified: