Legacy Research and Development (R&D) Programs
The Industrial Technologies Office (ITO) also manages legacy projects previously contracted through Technology Partnerships Canada (TPC). ITO continues to administer these projects to the highest levels of accountability and transparency.
While financial contributions are no longer available, ITO continues to monitor existing projects supported under TPC R&D programs and publishes regular updates on funding repayments resulting from these investments.
To learn more about these legacy programs, including program results, please visit:
To learn more about the Program for Strategic Industrial Projects (PSIP), a program for which Treasury Board gave TPC the responsibility of administering funds, please visit:
- Program for Strategic Industrial Projects
- Evaluation of the Program for Strategic Industrial Projects (PSIP) – Final Report
Technology Partnerships Canada (TPS)
Important: The following annual reports were created during the operation of the TPC program. They are offered as archived information for reference purposes.
- ARCHIVED—TPC Program Information
TPC Repayment Status Reports
The Industrial Technologies Office (ITO) publishes a semi-annual status report to enhance transparency of its legacy program — Technology Partnerships Canada (TPC).
TPC provided repayable contributions for innovative research and development (R&D) projects contracted between 1996 and 2006.
TPC projects were long-term (up to 30 years) commencing with an R&D, followed by a benefits phase — the period in which a product, or a technology, could generate revenue for the company. In such cases, repayments would flow back to the program according to the terms and conditions of the company's contribution agreement.
- TPC Status Report, November 1, 2012
- ARCHIVED—TPC Status Report, May 1, 2011
- ARCHIVED—TPC Status Report, November 1, 2011
- ARCHIVED—TPC Status Report, May 1, 2010
- ARCHIVED—TPC Status Report, November 1, 2010
- ARCHIVED—TPC Status Report, May 1, 2009
- ARCHIVED—TPC Status Report, November 1, 2009
TPC Annual Reports
- ARCHIVED—2004-2005 TPC Annual Report
- ARCHIVED—2003-2004 TPC Annual Report
- ARCHIVED—2002-2003 TPC Annual Report
- ARCHIVED—2001-2002 TPC Annual Report
- ARCHIVED—2000-2001 TPC Annual Report
- ARCHIVED—1999-2000 TPC Annual Report
- ARCHIVED—1998-1999 TPC Annual Report
Hydrogen Early Adopters
Important: The following documents were created during the operation of the h2EA program. They are offered as archived information for reference purposes.
- ARCHIVED—h2EA Program Information
The terms and conditions of the Technology Partnerships Canada program expired on December 31, 2006.
The terms and conditions of the Hydrogen Early Adopters program expired on March 31, 2008.
No new projects will be contracted, but all existing contracted projects will continue, managed through the Industrial Technologies Office.
Learn about the various project highlights coming from ITO investments.
- Date modified: