Register to sell electricity or natural gas


Any person or organisation wanting to sell electricity or gas on the basis of measurement must hold a certificate of registration issued under the authority of subsection 6(2) of the Electricity and Gas Inspection Act.

Registering as a contractor

To register as a contractor, complete the Application for Certificate of Contractor Registration and return it to your local Measurement Canada office.

Issues have been reported with the use of Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. If you are using these browsers, the form can still be downloaded by saving it to your computer.

  • In Chrome, the save button is located in the bottom right corner.
  • In Mozilla Firefox, the save button is located in upper right corner.

Contractor registry

Find registered electricity and natural gas contractors.

Date modified: