Requirements for Calibration Laboratory Services Requests
Request for Service:
- Ensure that the laboratory is expecting to receive the device on a pre-scheduled/arranged date so that the laboratory will be able to calibrate the device within the laboratory service standards. Contact the Laboratory Manager in the respective laboratory.
- A Calibration Services Request (CSR) form (PDF, 1 page, 86 KB) is required for each device that is to be calibrated by Measurement Canada.
- All information on the form is required.
When calibrated, Measurement Canada attaches calibration indicator/seals to such parts of a standard as may be necessary in order that no adjustment, alteration or repair can be made to the standard without breaking or removing the calibration indicator/seal.
Broken Calibration Indicator/Seal:
If and/or when a Measurement Canada calibration indicator/seal is broken on a reference standard, a written justification of the incident is required to accompany the application.
Serviced/Adjusted/Tampered Reference Standard:
If and/or when a Reference Standard is sent to Measurement Canada for calibration and has been serviced/ tampered/adjusted/corrected in any way, a repair order, the particulars of the repair, the reason for the repairs and the date it was removed from service is to accompany the application.
Past Due Calibration:
If and/or when a Reference Standard is sent to Measurement Canada for calibration and is past its calibration due date, a written justification including its last date in service is required from the applicant.
- The device must be in a returnable container to be accepted for calibration.
- Any re-packaging of a device will be the responsibility of the applicant. If re-packaging is required, arrangements are to be made at the time of application and visible on the receiving instructions/packaging. All cost associated with re-packaging is at the applicant's expense.
- In the case of items packaged in a crate, a hinged door or cover fastened with screws will be accepted. (no nails).
- Note: If the incoming packaging is deemed not re-usable and there are no provisions for re-packaging made before delivery, the delivery may be rejected by Measurement Canada at the receiving area. Any cost associated with the re-packaging of a device is the customer's responsibility.
- A completed copy of the CSR form must accompany each device shipped.
Shipping: Customs/Duty/Importing Requirements
An active/valid shipping account number for return shipping must be identified on the CSR form
All brokerage, import, transportation, insurance and any other incidental fees and forms are prepaid and accompany the shipment.
It is your responsibility to ensure that:
- Your shipment complies with all customs and importation requirements.
- You have pre-paid all applicable customs and importation fees and charges.
- Once all arrangements are completed for the return of the device, you have faxed (613-952-8170) all paperwork (waybill, commercial invoice and any other related forms) to the attention of the Shipping and Receiving Services. Before shipping arrangements are made, Measurement Canada's shipping department will only pack the items and provide you with the dimensions and weight of the package.
Consult the Canada Border Services Agency's Web site to ensure you are aware of all customs and importation requirements and fees and charges that apply to your shipment.
- Date modified: