OIML Load Cell Markings
OIML load cell markings are composed of:
- One of the uppercase letters A, B, C or D, indicating the accuracy class (A = Class A, B = Class B, C = Class C and D = Class D).
- A number indicating the load cell verification intervals (Nlc) in units of 1000 (e.g., 3 = 3000, 1.5 = 1500).
- A two-letter humidity class code (NH, CH or SH). This code is not applicable to Measurement Canada.
- A graphic indicating the loading type (two arrows pointing away from each other on the vertical axis = tension, two arrows pointing toward each other on the vertical axis = compression, one arrow pointing up or one arrow pointing down = beam [bending or shear], two arrows pointing toward each other on the vertical axis next to two arrows pointing away from each other on the vertical axis = universal).
- The low and high temperature limits, in degrees Celsius, separated by a slash, specifying the special temperature limits (only required if the range is other than -10 degrees Celsius to +40 degrees Celsius).
- Date modified: