Laboratory manual for the evaluation of non-automatic weighing devices
Part 2, section 20—Segment verification
Table of contents
20.0 Segment verification—Generalities
It is recommended that electronic devices incorporate a test system for verifying all relevant signs of the indicator in their active and non-active state sufficiently long to be checked by the operator.
- The relevant signs of an indicator are those that are metrologically significant: digits for gross, net and tare weights; + or - signs; tare or net annunciator; centre of zero light; etc.
- The following means of verifying signs are acceptable:
- Test sequence initiated by pressing a special button
- Test sequence initiated by pressing key or a sequence of keys
- Test sequence initiated by turning the scale off and on
This is not a requirement
- Date modified: