Laboratory manual for the evaluation of non-automatic weighing devices
LG-3.06 Warm up time
Table of contents
Sections 9, 10, 11, 31 and 32 of the Specifications Relating to Non Automatic Weighing Devices (1998)
This test is intended for any electronic devices and electronic major components. The purpose of this test is to ensure that weight indications provided by a device while it warms up are accurate.
- The AZT should be disabled (OFF). If it cannot be disabled, it must be set to the lowest value; if zero is the lowest selectable value, it must be set to zero. The amount that the AZT may track at once may not be set to a value larger than 0.6e which is the maximum value allowed by the Specifications.
- The IZSM will be set to the maximum of its range.
- The device must have been set to as close to zero error as practicable.
- If the device has an "enhance" resolution feature, perform the test with that feature activated; or use the small weight method to determine errors before rounding.
- This test is performed at ambient temperature only.
- Turn off and disconnect from the power source the DUT for a period of at least eight (8) hours (i.e. disconnect a wall mount transformer or pull the plug of AC device; remove the batteries of a DC device).
- Re-connect the DUT to the power source and switch it "on".
- Record the first available indication (i.e. the first indication that can be used for the purpose of the transaction).
- Set the device to zero.
- Apply a load equal to at least 70% of Max and record the indication.
Interpretation of results
The device meets the requirements if the first weight indications available are within the applicable limits of error. Otherwise, weighing operations (printing or indicating weight values) must be inhibited during the warming up period.
Note: OIML Recommendation R76 (A.5.2) - re-read the device at 5 minutes, 15 minutes and 30 minutes after power on. Each reading, when corrected for zero error at the time, must be within the applicable LOE.
- Rev. 1 (March 2010)
- AZSM renamed to AZT
- Date modified: