Laboratory manual for the evaluation of non-automatic weighing devices
LG-3.12 Susceptibility to magnetism—Ferromagnetic plate
Table of contents
Sections 9, 10, 11 and 30 of the Specifications Relating to Non Automatic Weighing Devices (1998)
This test is performed on any complete weighing devices and load weighing elements that incorporate load cells functioning on the principle of "electromagnetic force compensation".
- The AZT can be in any status.
- The test is performed at ambient temperature only (≈20°C and ≈50% RH).
- The DUT must have been tested prior to the following test, and must perform within applicable LOEs.
- Place the DUT on a ferromagnetic plate (steel or iron). Zero the DUT.
- Perform an increasing and decreasing load test.
Interpretation of results
The DUT meets the requirements if the indication obtained using the ferromagnetic material is within the prescribed LOEs.
- Rev. 1 (March 2010)
- AZSM renamed to AZTM
- Formatting change
- Date modified: