Selling desserts by weight
Before selling desserts by weight, your scale must be:
- Approved for its intended use
- Inspected within the required time frame (5 years for retail food scales)
- Level and installed on a stable surface
- Installed so that the customer can see the weighing operation and weight display
- Zeroed between uses
- The weight of containers and packaging (tare weight) must not be included in the calculation of the total price. However, containers and packaging can be sold separately.
Need to have your scale inspected? Find an authorized service provider who can inspect it. For more information on the requirements for scales and other devices used in measurement-based financial transactions, please visit our website at https://canada.ca/measurement-canada.
- Date modified: