Manufacturing Update Service: RSS Feed
RSS feeds allow specific content from a website to be sent directly to the RSS reader/aggregator of your choice as content is updated, ensuring you always have access to the latest information.
Manufacturing Update Service
How do I subscribe to RSS feeds?
- Copy the URL you are interested in from the available feeds above.
- Paste the URL into your reader's “subscribe” dialogue.
More information on RSS feeds
What are RSS feeds?
RSS, or Really Simple Syndication, is a useful tool for staying up to date on your favorite websites. Updates to the site are broadcast to subscribers through an RSS feed. Subscribe to an RSS feed (see list of feeds available) and a message will appear in your reader (see list of suggested readers/aggregators) every time new information is added to that section of the website. RSS feeds can also be read on personal digital assistants and cellphones.
Why use RSS feeds?
- RSS feeds are a convenient way to monitor information from a variety of sources, allowing you to customize how you receive and process notifications of new content.
- RSS feeds are a good alternative to subscribing to updates via email. You do not have to provide personal information (such as an email address) to subscribe to an RSS feed, and you do not run the risk of missing important updates because an email gets deleted or caught in your spam filter.
- RSS feeds are also easier to manage because the feeds are grouped together by feed, showing at a glance how many items you have not yet read.
RSS feed readers/aggregators
An RSS reader, also known as an aggregator, will download and display RSS feeds for you. There are numerous readers/aggregators available. Some are online services accessed via web browser, while others are desktop software installed on a personal computer. Reader capabilities are also integrated into many email programs and web browsers. Here are a few well-known reader options to get you started:
Desktop feed reader software
- Date modified: