Contributions Program for Non-Profit Consumer and Voluntary Organizations
The Contributions Program for Non-profit Consumer and Voluntary Organizations was established by the Office of Consumer Affairs in order to support such organizations in the production of high quality, independent and timely research on consumer issues.
The overall goal of the Program is to strengthen the consumer's role in the marketplace through the promotion of sound research and analysis, and by encouraging the financial self-sufficiency of consumer (and voluntary) organizations.
Eligible recipients will be voluntary organizations that are incorporated as non-profit corporations in Canada and which can demonstrate that they:
- have a governance structure which assures accountability to a membership representing the consumer interest,
- have the structure, governance and funding arrangements which do not expose them to commercial influence on their research and policy positions,
- are capable of reaching consumers who are not members of the organization itself,
- are competent, credible, and accountable in carrying out the projects, and
- are guided by objectives which are consistent with the program objective.
For more information on the eligibility criteria, please visit the Applicant's Guide.
Application Process (CLOSED)
For the 2014–2015 special call for proposals, applicants had until noon Pacific Time, August 05, 2014 to submit their proposals.
Communications and Privacy Toolkits for Recipient Organizations
Awarded Amounts and Funded Projects
Consumer Policy Research Database
To view other research projects which received funding under the Contributions Program, please visit the Consumer Policy Research Database.
The Office of Consumer Affairs (OCA) is committed to providing quality service to all applicants and funding recipients. For more information, please consult our service standards.
- Date modified: